Sunday, April 20, 2008

Coolest Stuff I have Ever Done

So Sometimes when races don't really pan out they present oppertunities to do things you never thought possible. They make you really learn about yourself. I would like to say that i gained some character today by suffering threw a race and not dropping out, I'm not sure that was true today. But i did two of the coolest things i think i have ever done and probable ever will do.

First off, I started to the race really hydrated which i guess is what your supossed to do. But i didn't something else your supposed to do, pee before you start. So about 25 minutes into the race i was really hurting and not like the going hard type. I have never had to pee so bad in race. For the first time in my life i actually peed off of my bike while riding. The organizers of the race were kind enough add a road decent with like 3-400 vertical feet that gave me the opertunity to releive myself. I never thought it was possible. I was really phsyched about that.

So after my urnation experience i rode pretty well with tonkin and ryan woodall up until halfway threw the sencond lap and went kaboom. I went from getting a top 20 back to 34th in the last 15 mintues of the race. But another amazing opportunity presented it self. 2 minutes from the finish Snoodle and Ned Overend caught me. I hadn't been able to grab anybodies wheel for more then 5 seconds but when Ned went by i thought "man, im going to out sprint ned overend". So i got up the hill with him and stuck on his wheel tell the raceway. I think he tried to put the hammer down and ride me off his wheel but were going donwnhill on a road so it didn't work. I sprinted him at the end and beet him. I felt kinda bad but when do you get a chance to sprint Ned Overend.

Also. There was alot of a road section in the race on raceway and it was the sketchiest shit. I mean their pro mountain bikers you would think they could ride in a pack. Nope

Mitch Peterson crushed it.

Go ride
Mitch Hoke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I wanna pee in a race of the bike.